Flutter came into existence in 2017 as the first application that changed the entire scenario. It is an open-source development kit (SDK). it was code names SKY when it was first announced. Introduced by Google, in the cross-platform community, it is considered one of the most reliable frames.
The first version, Flutter 1.0, was released in its full glory. It was the subsequent release of Fluter 2.0 and Flutter 3.0 that made the framework much more secure, and stable and showed its high performance as well. Various business organizations including android application development services are beneficially utilizing Flutter to develop successful applications.
Why Flutter should be your top choice for application development?
Cross-platform app development or native app development is one of the top choices for any app development, the reason being selection. The reasons are simple and easily understandable by young entrepreneurs and even seasoned professionals. The decision-makers from different industries depend heavily on it. Let us have look:
- UI of your choice: UI is one of the most important features of an application. Flutter gives you a chance to let your designers change the UI/UX as per your taste. These widgets allow the developers to work on engaging and creative UI in a short period. Even the designers at the beginner level can use them to create elegant UI/UX.
Another benefit that the developer gets on Flutter is that it has its engine for rendering. This helps the developer majorly by allowing them to transfer the UI from one platform to another without making any alterations to it. The UI built on Flutter is virtually independent when it comes to the platform and is known as Skia.
- Lesser development time: Cross-platform frameworks like Flutter have enabled developers to work on the app development process easier by reducing the time spent on coding. It also allows the developers to work on a single code and deploy it to multiple platforms.
Flutter is also helping developers have an instant look at the changes by them. It has helped reduce the loading feature too. In other frameworks, the developer has to wait a while to see the changes incorporated into them.
- A performance like a native app: The performance of cross-platform has a bad reputation as compared to their native counterparts. A lot of business owners often chose a native platform as compared to a cross-platform and it has become a point of contention and acts as a deal-breaker. But gone are those days, Flutter has now given cross-platform applications a revamp when it comes to performance.
The performance of an application designed and developed using Flutter can be seen distinctively as compared to native platform applications. When it comes to complex UI, Flutter has more prowess as a framework. Knowing a Flutter App Development Company can prove beneficial to you.
How much would you have to spend on Flutter app development?
The development cost of any Flutter application can vary according to the complexity, design, layout, server, industry, and storage space. Factors on which the cost can vary:
- Hardware integration: The scalability of your application can increase its coverage. The number of hardware used depends on how many devices you want your application to be used. Getting an application designed for a mobile phone will cost you a base of $15,000 and its adaption to a desktop will cost you another $10,000. The introduction of Flutter 2.0, has made it convenient and easier for all stakeholders when it comes to the process.
- UI/UX design: The cost of Flutter app development depends on what kind of UI you wish to adopt. This depends on the design, animations, and graphics you wish to put on the UI. As the design complexity increases so does the cost.
- Types and complexity of applications: The development cost depends on the complexity of the application as the number of features increase. For example: If you wish to integrate an in-app video and text chat option, it will be expensive for you. Creating and developing an extensive model of architecture will always be more complex.
- Support and maintenance cost: The post-launch maintenance of the application to keep the app updated. The feedback from the users and its analysis can help you figure out which features you should add to make your application more efficient for your users.
The maintenance cost would round up to 20% of the total Flutter app development cost. It can vary depending on your software development agency.
Why hire a team to help you with Flutter app development?
Developing an application on a cross-platform like Flutter can be a difficult process. It can take a lot of time and effort to understand the platform and work on it. This is where a software development firm like Zazz can help you. Their team can develop complex UI/UX using Flutter. They will have your back in every time of need and whenever any complexity arises.