The world of social media might be beguiling, but nevertheless, it is the one that is the most effective platform for some of the best marketing strategies. As you see competing brands curating video and stories and getting such great engagement for their brand and products – you are intrigued to know more.
Instagram is one of the most successful and growing social media platforms. Therefore it leaves little to the imagination why InVideo would highlight the importance of using crisp videos and stories for effective marketing strategies. You can create any form of video with impeccable planning and then be miraculously shot within the time frame of 3-60 seconds. These tips and tricks of instagram story ideas we are about to share with you will help you in the effective planning and execution of your content. This way you can grow your instagram account easily.
When you are starting a small business, it becomes paramount to get your marketing strategies straight because, without it, the growth of your brand has turned out to be quite unachievable or limited in today’s world of social media.
Therefore let us dive a bit deeper into how you can make this process more effective by implementing just the right suggestions. This is definitely going to play an important role in enriching your business’ marketing tactics.These instagram story ideas will surely help you.
- Set achievable and clear set of Goals
Your goals are what propels you forward. Therefore make sure you set achievable and realistic goals on what you want to achieve by making marketing videos or stories and releasing them on Instagram. It can get extremely stressful because the time limit of the video is extremely short.
Delivering a strong brand message within that stipulated time. Therefore be extremely specific about your intention before you plan the content of the video – is traction to your page more important or engagement or more followers?
- Curate your story well
Please keep in mind that people are always in a rush. Stories simply appear in a scrolling format on Instagram as you are surfing on this social media platform. Therefore, with such little time frame, it becomes essential that the story is well-curated. It should have a distinct beginning, middle, and end parts, with the attractive aspects of the content heightened with terrific visuals.
You also need to keep certain key aspects in mind, which is that the viewer needs to tap on the screen to hear the sound in Instagram stories. Therefore it is best if you have some on-screen captions for better guidance. You can use different types of strategies to improve your brand visibility.
- Lighting is everything!
Lighting is indeed everything while shooting a video. It is best to shoot in the best possible lighting to avoid such occurrences. Usually, a talking head or a video shot in portrait mode can be quite challenging as the camera directly focuses on the subject, who is fixated in one position. You can easily create using the best Instagram story ideas.
Some easy hacks are to keep your subject moving around until you find some flattering light complementing enough. Natural lighting is always a great option. Try avoiding overhead lights as it ends up looking extremely fake when you finally see the visuals and are about to edit.
In extreme cases – you could always use a white post or some reflecting surface that helps in diverting the unwanted light from the subject’s face. These hacks can easily help you get just the perfect lighting for shooting a video for your instagram story, and it turns out to be extremely effective.You can always use instagram for your business.
- Shooting your video correctly
The most important set of tips that goes without saying is when you actually begin with the shooting of your content.
- a) To begin with the guiding tips – first and foremost – choose your camera wisely. Quality matters a lot.
- b) Always shoot on either landscape or the more common one – portrait mode. It is the best mode you can use.
- c) Always keep the subject in main focus – be it any human element, a person, or any product shot you are doing, all you have to do is tap on the screen and focus.
- d) Anchor your hands and place them somewhere that gives you a solid grip, and your hands don’t shake while shooting. Lastly, since your story video is most likely to be for less than a minute, be extremely selective when it comes to selecting the right shots that leave a lasting impression.
- Content is king!
At the end of the day, it is the choice of content that you wish to post which will be talked about. That is why it is so important to be absolutely sure about your brand identity, the aesthetics, the feel, and the tone of your brand.
Only then will you be able to share compelling story ideas that can also be posted as reels on Instagram. Some of the top formats of content that you can opt for as you are starting out are the ones that have already worked wonders for a lot of iconic brands.
- a) First up, go for product shoots, create stories of your product – it is always a great idea to let your consumers know about your products with aesthetic visuals.
- b) Product-in-action is also a great way of keeping your viewers hooked to a story. Rather than stock images of the products – it’s always a great idea to incorporate a human element and have someone wearing the product and telling a story.
- c) BTS or Behind scenes videos have always been a great way to let your audiences get a sneak peek into what goes on into the making of the brand and the products that they love using so much! You can use BTS as your stories, It plays a major role for your brand.
- d) Instagram has also developed the loop videos option where the video restarts from the beginning once it stops playing entirely. You can create different types of stories.
- e) Series story videos are a great option for more engagement. People are left with greater anticipation that your story video content is being released in parts, and there’s more to it.
- f) Tutorial videos for stories are a great way of showing how much initiative and effort you take a brand to explain the usage of your products to your consumers.
Thus, Instagram is a gold mine in today’s world of social media if you plan to use stories as your marketing content strategy. This guide helps you understand some of the basic rules that make your content more appealing and effective. You can also have a look at a content marketing guide which can work for you.