Breitling is one of the famous luxury watches that most professionals prefer. It has earned widespread popularity among pilots, top athletes, and movie stars. What makes it more unique and distinguishable by people is its Winged B logo. Have you seen one in their collection? Do you know what it means?
Leon Breitling founded this excellent watch brand in 1884 and continued to produce extraordinary timepieces during his time. The Winged B logo has something to do with his love for aviation. His company aims to bring watches that are precise even in extreme circumstances. Thus, it became the professionals’ favorite, such as military and pilots, because of its accuracy and other vital features needed in intense situations.
Breitling’s Best Collections
Breitling has continued to improve through the years concerning its precision and features. Each collection keeps on upgrading to produce significant timepieces. Find out more about the details of Breitling.
Navitimer is the most iconic model of the Breitling collection. Since 1952, it has been produced for the longest time among other models. It emphasizes navigation and timer, helping the pilots with its unique features that show the time and the speed, distance, and fuel consumption. Breitling originally designed its 1950’s looks for aviation so the pilot would easily calculate the flight plan.
Throughout the years, Navitimer has upgraded its collection. These are the features of a Navitmer watch for your preference:
- Sizes are available in 43mm to 48mm
- Has a circular slide rule on the bezel and dial (for easier calculations)
- It has a second-time zone feature (ex. GMT world and Cosmonaute that has a 24-hour display)
- In house Calibre B01 movement
- 70-hour power reserve
- Steel case, black dial, and red second hand ( also available in rose gold)
- Bi-directional winding rotating bezel
- Water-resistant to 30m ( not designed for diving)
Chronomat is the classic model of Breitling and is more robust with its bigger and heavier appearance. It was introduced in the 1980s and featured the slide rule, a popular feature that can also be seen with Navitimer. A slide rule has two logarithmic scales, the outer scale that rotates in all directions, and the inner scale, which remains stationary. They work together to perform mathematical calculations.
The design of Navitimer is derived from the original Chronomat (chronograph + mathematics). This collection of Breitling is customizable as you can alternate the straps, bracelets, and dials to match your style. Below are the great attributes of Chronomat.
- Sizes range from 38mm to 47mm
- It is available in gold, stainless steel, and two-tone
- Water-resistant to 500m
- In-house caliber B01 movement
- 70-hour reserve
- COSC-certified for precise movements since 2009
- Diver’s bezel and chronograph
Bentley collection is a product of Breitling’s team up with the high-end car producer Bentley since 2002. It resulted in exquisite designs with refined British outcomes. What’s more astonishing about this watch is its exclusivity because they only produce a few each year. The most popular model of Bentley is the made-to-order Mulliner Tourbillon.
Breitling produced three models for Bentley in 2019 and 2020 – the Premier Bentley Centenary with an elm burl dial; Chronomat B01 41 with green dials; Premier Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition that has blue accents. All of these models have a limited run which makes them hot items for watch enthusiasts.
- Distinctive bezel and designs
- Customizable, as the owner can alternate its case and dial colors
- In-house calibers and world time function (Bentley B05 Unitime, has 24 time zones)
- Two time zones feature (Bentley B04 GMT, with 24-hour hand)
- Tourbillon watches are custom-made
- Small manufacturing runs for limited editions
In 1957, Breitling launched Superocean, a new design specifically for professional divers. Since recreational diving was not yet a common sport, it was aimed initially at skilled divers. In 2007, they released the SuperOcean Héritage as its standalone collection to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first Breitling diving watches.
Breitling’s historical ancestor inspires the Héritage. Its timeless, retro style is a fresh take on older timepieces. Here are the reasons to choose Superocean for your collection.
- In-house caliber B01 in the Héritage II Chronograph 44
- Waterproof up to 200 m (20 bar, 656 ft)
- Color options for the bezel and dial
- Unidirectional and screwed-down crown bezel (Superocean Heritage) with a 120-tooth system
- Chronographs and three-hand watches
- Case dimensions range from 38 mm to 46 mm.
It is one of the best collections of Breitling as it offered the functionality and durability combination of its pilot and diver’s watch. Breitling Chronomat and Colt’s patronizers will be amazed by the familiar features of Avenger details. The rider tabs feature keeps it easy to rotate the unidirectional bezel even if you wear gloves. It also safeguards the sapphire crystal from smashes.
- Water resistance to a depth of 3000m
- Features helium escape valve
- Size ranges from 43mm to 50mm and thickness up to 17.5mm.
- Four bezel rider tabs
- Automatic calibers are COSC certified
- Luminous hands and hour markers
- Various dial colors (black, blue, white, yellow, olive green)
- Matching straps and bracelets with the same color as the dial
Since 1958, Breitling is producing the Transocean collection and has changed its retro look over the years. It was a three-hand watch in its original design, but they eventually made chronographs. They not only have sleek features that are sporty, chic, and ultimately timeless, they also have outstanding versatility and sturdiness. Breitling Transocean captures the spirit of the era, as the 1950s were considered the golden age of transcontinental flights.
- Sizes range from 38mm and 43mm in diameter
- Water resistance to 100m
- Chamfered bezel and curved lugs, some are diamond-studded bezels
- Powered by the Caliber B41
- 42-hour and 70-hour power reserve
- Shock-resistant and anti-magnetic
- COSC certified for its automatic mechanical movement
- World time functions
The exuding power of elegance and high quality that Breitling has brought to its name has made people patronize them. Its exquisite designs and durability are undeniably remarkable. Breitling continues to wow the watch lovers by its highlighted specific functions for aviation and diving as well as other professions. The reasons for choosing this watch icon keeps on coming while upgrading each year.
How about you? Pick your chosen one in our list of Breitling collections! Only here, at the Watch Company, where you get the best value in every purchase.