You can use a bank passbook for your banking activities. A Bank passbook is a document that contains all the account details including the transactions made in the account. The bank will issue this at the time of account opening or the customer can request for it later. It can be updated from time to time to get the transaction details. In this article, we will discuss all about the Indian Bank Passbook.
Contents of Indian bank passbook
An Indian bank passbook contains the name and address of the account holder and the account number, account type (whether it is Saving or Current), the name of the bank branch and address, minimum amount of money that is required to maintained in the account monthly, transaction details, amount of money that is in the account currently and any service charge or penalty that is imposed on the account.
How to get an Indian bank passbook?
If you want to get an Indian bank passbook, you can get it from a bank branch.
- Visit any Indian bank branch near you.
- Then, request the staff for an application form for Indian bank passbook.
- Fill the form with all the necessary details that are personal details and account details.
- You have to submit some documents along with the form. It will be for identity verification purposes.
- After that, the bank official will verify your application. If it is approved, you will get your passbook.
There are more ways to get an Indian bank passbook. You can either get it through mobile banking or Internet banking.
Getting an Indian bank passbook through Mobile banking App, “IndOASIS”
- Go to your app store and download “IndOASIS”.
- Login to the app using your “Customer ID” and “password” which you set.
- After that, click on the “passbook” section and select the account.
- Click “Download Passbook” and then, your passbook will be downloaded in the PDF format.
Getting an Indian bank passbook through Internet banking
For this option, you should have access to Indian bank internet banking service. If you are already registered, you can proceed with the steps given below.
- First, visit the official website of an Indian bank.
- Log into your Indian bank account using your login credentials.
- Go to the account section and click “download passbook”.
- Then, you can download and see your passbook in PDF format.
How to get your passbook updated?
After getting your passbook, it is important to update it from time to time. This will let you know the balance in your account and transaction details that you made. To update your passbook, go to a nearby Indian bank branch along with your passbook. Approach the staff of the bank and request them to get your passbook updated. Your passbook will be updated. The updated passbook will contain the details of your last few transactions.
How to update your Indian bank passbook through a self-service passbook kiosk?
With the introduction of self-service passbook kiosks, customers now don’t need to visit a bank branch to update their passbook. There are self service passbook kiosks installed by Indian banks. It has made it easier for customers to update their passbook at any time. Go to any nearby self-service passbook kiosk. The screen will display the option “Click here to start”. Tap on it and then, select the language you prefer. Insert your passbook into the slot which is labelled as “Insert your passbook here”. And, your passbook will be updated with all the transactions made in your account.
Indian bank mPassbook
Ordinarily, one would need to visit their bank with a physical passbook to check their account transactions. However, the Indian Bank mPassbook service has changed the game, allowing account holders to conveniently check their passbook digitally, anytime and anywhere.
The Indian Bank mPassbook is a digital passbook service. It helps customers to access their transaction history online through a mobile app. This does away with the necessity to visit the bank for physical passbook updates and saves time.
Indian Bank mPassbook activation:
To activate Indian bank mPassbook
- Install the Indpay mobile banking app on your smartphone.
- Log in to the app with your MPIN.
- Then, you will see the “m-Passbook” section. Tap to activate this feature.
- After it is activated, enter your account number on the next screen.
- Now, click “View” to access your account’s transaction history. You can also save your transaction details in PDF format on your phone.
For senior citizens or those who prefer a digital approach, it can be said that the Indian mPassbook is the best way to review transaction details online. Indian Bank customers can also utilise the bank’s free net banking service to access their account information. Indian banks also offer e-statements for those who wish to receive account statements via email for those who have registered their email addresses.
All the other banks also have the same process. For instance if you want to get a Union bank passbook, you can follow the same steps.
- Go to any Indian bank branch near you.
- Take an application form for Indian bank passbook.
- Fill it out with all the necessary details: Your personal details and account details.
- Submit the documents that are required.
- The bank official will verify your application. If it is approved, you will get your passbook.
Union bank Semi-Automatic Passbook Printers
In order to ease the banking experience for customers, Indian bank has introduced automated passbook printing solutions. With these barcode-based Semi-Automatic Passbook Printers (SAPBP), you don’t have to go a bank branch and stand in the queue. It is strategically placed in branches. This machines offer a convenient way of self-service by allowing customers to update their passbooks at any time.
The Barcode-based passbooks are customised for each specific account and can be updated at either the SAPBP stations or within the bank branches using desktop printers. The SAPBP has gained popularity recently because of its user-friendly and straightforward operation.
Here’s how the SAPBP operation works:
- You have to select your preferred language on the application’s first page.
- After language selection, a message will prompt you to insert the last updated page of their passbook.
- Then, place the passbook in the printer and allow it to scans the barcode on the passbook.
- The transaction details will be printed on your passbook.
- If the page is filled with data and more information needs to be printed, the process will continue.