What Is the Purpose of Address Verification?
Mailing address validation is the practice of comparing postal address information with government databases in order to find problems. It is also known as postal address matching. A number of postal validation systems additionally standardize and format each and every address on file, as well as add a ZIP code or other information that is lacking. It is possible to enhance the reliability of mailings and to conduct identification checks by verifying an address and ZIP code.
An Overview of Postal Verification Services
Whereas postal address validation is the most important aspect in all of these systems, the extra functionality and degree of automation vary from one to the other.
Personalized address validation services are designed to meet the unique technical and commercial requirements of a particular organization. Anything from ordinary validation to fully automated AVS checks is possible with them. In this instance, the software vendor is responsible for all of the expenditures associated with software development as well as the ongoing maintenance of the address validation service.
Open-source address verification APIs are accessible for free; however, their capability is restricted compared to proprietary solutions. They carry out basic automated activities and, for security reasons, are unable to provide you with access to the most recent PII data.
Verification of postal addresses at a high level A combination of automated bespoke address validation services and open-source APIs, such as EmailOversight, is used to achieve a balanced set of capabilities. They are less expensive and less difficult to build than bespoke solutions, yet they provide the same level of functionality and security.
Advantages of Using a Variety of Postal Validation Solutions
Customized Postal Address Verification
- You have complete control over how invoicing, and postal address validation are handled. In the event that you want capabilities that are not provided by ordinary solutions, bespoke address validation providers are the only choice available. There is no out-of-the-box option, including commercial and open-source APIs, that can provide the same level of flexibility as software that is designed from the ground up.
- You may either build postal validation for internal use or offer it as a stand-alone service to your customers. It allows you to serve as a vendor to other companies by providing postal address verification services.
- The cost of bespoke software development, on the other hand, is difficult to estimate. It is dependent on a plethora of elements, including the complexity of the project, the salaries of developers, the internal technical capabilities of the software provider, and others. The cost of maintenance and support will continue to accrue even after the solution has been implemented. You should thus expect to incur significant and recurring fees if you choose this alternative.
API for Address Validation that is open-source
- There is no payment for the open-source address verification API that is being given. Startups and small enterprises who are seeking freebies will find this to be the most advantageous feature.
- It enables you to do testing to determine what postal address validation features you will need in the future. Free address validation services allow you to get a feel for how address verification software works before investing in more sophisticated solutions.
- Open-source address verification APIs are publicly accessible, and as a result, anybody may make use of them without restriction. However, their quality is poorer than that of other options, and they often do not facilitate large-scale verifications.