The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) has stated that there will be a new format of company registration number for all the types of business entities. You will get the registration number after company registration in Malaysia. This will eliminate all the older formats with various formats of registration numbers. This allows a uniform and static format of registration number for every business nature.
In order to get your business registered you must know the company registration fee in Malaysia. Here in the linked article you will get all the information on the fees and charges in Malaysia for company registration.
Company Registration Number
Company Registration number is a special sequence of number consisting of 12 digits. The number is issued by SSM for every business entity registered. Every time a new business gets registered, a new number is generated, following the format, for that entity. More information on the format is discussed below:
- The initial 4 digit shows the year of business registration
- The following 2 digits shows the type of business entity
|06||LLP for Professional Practice|
- The final 6 digits show the business entity sequence number
All registered companies are given this company registration number for reference. This registration number is unique.
Importance of Company Registration Number
The importance of Company registration Number in Malaysia if huge. This registration number can be used for any official documents. All the business entities that register their business in Malaysia are entitled to a company registration number.
Where to find Company Registration Number?
The Company Registration Number can be found on superform (section 14) and Notice of Registration (section 15). Furthermore, it can be found on the Certificate of Incorporation (section 17, form9). If you have registered your business before this new format was introduced, your number will be available on the SSM web portal.
Company Registration Malaysia
You can register your company in Malaysia. SSM company registration in Malaysia is simple. The steps you must take for company registration in Malaysia are provided below:
- Prepare name for the company
- Check if company name available or not
- Complete ‘BORANG PNA 42’ form to register a company trade name
- Complete ‘BORANG A’ form to register your company
- Submit forms to SSM Head Office
Benefits of Registering your Business Online
Below are some advantages that you get for registering your business:
- Business will be registered as a legal entity
- Confidence boost in your customers
- Only legally registered business can apply for Malaysia Payment Gateway
- Allows users to verify business information
- Assists the government in development of the company
Requirements for SSM Registration
- Malaysian Citizens or Permanent Resident in Malaysia must be the owner or partner
- Age must be above 18 years
- Submission of forms require owner or partner
Verifying a Company in Malaysia
The initial step to verifying a company in Malaysia is to go through the SSM official website. It’s located on the main section for the company verification on the main page. Next you must put in the company registration number in the required field. After you press the search button, the website will show if the company exists or not.
When you register your business, you will get your company registration number in Malaysia. The format has been standardized by the SSM. You can use this number for verification purpose. Furthermore, you can use it for any legal issues.