Many people are anxious when it comes to dental care and this is why they miss their regular appointments and only seek dental care when they are in pain. By this point, dental caries usually involve the inner layer of the tooth and require more treatment sessions such as root canals or extraction.
Early diagnosis is very essential to protect our natural teeth and this is why sleep dentistry has the potential to change the outlook of anxious people in taking dental treatment. Perio & Implant Center provides a very high-class dental treatment and their Sunnyvale sleep dentistry practice is appreciated by many patients. Their chief dentist has the skills to provide 3 levels of sedation depending on the length of the procedure and your anxiety levels.
Advantages of Practicing Sleep Dentistry
Sedation in dentistry in Sunnyvale, CA, is usually given by use of either nitrous oxide, or oral sedation pills that keep you responsive but drowsy, or IV sedation (used in severely anxious patients). The benefits of using these methods of sedation during dental treatment are:
- Reduces your anxiety levels:
- Dental phobia prevents 60% of people suffering from dental diseases from seeking treatment.
- To reduce the fear of dental treatments among patients, sedation dentistry comes in very handy.
- With the use of sedation, you will have lower anxiety levels before visiting a dentist and even during treatment.
- Reduces the discomfort during the treatment:
- As sedation ensures that you are relaxed during the entire length of a dental procedure, your dentist can perform even complex procedures with ease.
- This also reduces your discomfort level which can happen due to gag reflex and sensitivity in your teeth.
- Some people who have a lower threshold for pain tolerance can greatly benefit from taking some form of sedation.
- Has quick recovery period:
- You do not need to get admitted to get sedation during dental procedures as the sedation has a quick recovery period.
- The use of sedation is very safe:
- Nitric oxide gas can be easily given directly by the dentist.
- An anesthetist performs the other 2 forms of sedation.
- This ensures that a trained professional is monitoring you at all times.
- Overall, there are rare to minimal side effects of the medication itself.
You can ask your dentist in Sunnyvale, CA, if they practice sedation dentistry on your next visit. This can help you receive dental treatment especially if you keep avoiding it because of your fears and anxiety.
Some dental diseases like periodontitis can affect your dental and physical health and must be treated at early stages. So, stop avoiding dental visits and instead use sleep dentistry to easily take treatment before the condition worsens.