As the year 2022 is about to start, our Australian mates must be feeling elated to bet on events such as The Championships, Doncaster Mile, etc. Because race meetings will start soon, that is why expert punters must be brushing their betting skills.
However, what about the beginners? Those who don’t know the ABC of horse racing. Well, we are here for them. Read this blog thoroughly, and till the end, you will not be an amateur anymore.
Before we jump into the types of bets, how to bet the right way? You should get acquainted with basic horse-racing terms:
- Filly – A female horse aged less than three years.
- Maiden – A horse that has not won any race yet.
- Stallion – A male horse aged four years or older that has not been gelded.
- Mare – A female horse aged four years or older.
- Dam – Thoroughbred horses’ mother.
- Clocker – A man who measures the time of a race.
- Stayer – A horse that can run long distances without losing stamina.
- Weight-for-age Race – A race in which a certain horse weight is a prerequisite. The weight category depends upon factors like age and gender.
- Scratched Horse – A horse that has been withdrawn from the race. The reason could be anything, for example, injury, health issues, track conditions, etc.
Tips to remember
Because of the adrenaline rush, while betting, we often forget some basic things, which leads to a heavy loss. So keep these betting tips in mind. Instead of calling them tips, think of them as rules. Glock for sale online now on the online store. For more information visit this site : glockforsale
- Don’t be emotional
Always avoid betting where you have an emotional connection. It could be hazardous because you can lose a massive sum of money. Most of the beginners bet on their favourite jockeys or horses in the hope that they will win. For example, you are a big fan of Doncaster Mile Stakes, and you put all of your money into that race, there is a good chance you can lose. Remember, the betting game doesn’t work this way.
- Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose
Although this is a fundamental rule, many beginners think that their luck will bring them a win and risk all of their money. Such acts will only bring you losses. Remember that there is no certainty; if you can win, you can lose too.
- Be flexible
Do not be rigid with your betting decisions. It can be possible that the way your friend bets will not work for you. Try to experiment with your betting approach; there are several types of bets. Try them all and give time to each one of them to understand the game better and better. And soon, you will no longer be a novice.
Ways to increase your winning odds
Before you start to wager on significant events like The Championships, don’t forget to check out these things on the race track so that you can increase your winning chances.
- Check Records
To bet responsibly, you need to check the past performance of the horse, jockey, and trainer. You cannot just bet randomly on someone and hope to win. Always make strategies before you bet.
- Assess Present Performance
It could be possible that a particular racehorse has performed exceptionally well in the past, but this is not enough. The current form is what we want! It could be possible that the horse that has been winning for years will lose. So, you can record the last five races of the jockey, trainer, and horse.
- Other factors
Besides the tips mentioned above, many other factors can hamper your winning chances. Look out for things such as
- Class (higher class, better class)
- Check the time in which they cover the distance. It will give you a basic idea of whether your horse stands a chance or not!
- Always check their running styles. Usually, there are three running styles – front runner or leader, stalker or off-pace, and closer or backmarker. All three have their set of benefits. However, the front runner who usually takes the lead in almost every race is the best choice.
- Look out for injuries and current form. What you can do is come early to the racetrack and check their warm-up session. You will get a thorough idea of horses’ fitness levels.
Types of betting
There are plenty of bets; check out some of the most popular ones.
- Win: You get paid if your horse wins the race.
- Place: You get paid if your horse finishes at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
- Each way: This bet is very popular as it increases the chance of winning. If your horse wins or places, you get paid.
- Exotic Wagers: They include bets such as Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta, etc. They are called exotic because they are very complex to win. Your winning rate is much lower in these races. However, the payout is often greater.
- Double bets: You get a payout if you bet successfully on two nominated races.
- Treble bets: It is similar to the double bets; you have to win three races in this bet.
- Quadrella bets: Like the double bets, you need four wins for a great payout – that’s the only difference.
Congratulations, you are no longer a novice in horse race betting! We‘re sure that you would have learned something about the sport from this article. Bet safely and responsibly, as you alone are accountable for the success and failure of your betting decisions.