Combination bets are the combination of more than two single bets with the characteristic that the odds of all bets are multiplied rather than added together upon winning. This, of course, gives a better profit compared to placing all the bets separately. The maximum bets you can make in a combination is around 12.
This type of bet offers a great benefit, but in exchange for a significant risk; If you lose just one of your selections. So the more single bets you add to your combination bet, the riskier it will be. You can try to take a bet on this site https://22bet.ng/line/
What are the different types of combination bets?
The double combination bet is the easiest to understand, as it has only two simple bets. To calculate your profit, you have to multiply the odds of both selections. Since you only have two options, it is the safest combination bet you can make.
This is followed by the triple combination bet, which, as the name suggests, is made up of three different selections. Now, unlike a double combo, you can combine the events to form doubles (as in the famous Trixie). Also, in triples with combo events, you can miss one of your picks and still make a profit.
After the triple, the selections continue to be increased to a maximum of 12.
On the other hand, we also have the combined system bets. Here are the triple combinations onwards, in which all bets are combined. The most common system combination bets are:
- Trixie: Bet of 3 selections combined in 4 different bets (one triple and 3 doubles). You can earn some profit with just 2 hits.
- Patent: A combination of 3 divided into 7 different bets (1 triple, 3 doubles, and 3 singles). You can win just by hitting one of the bets.
- Yankee: Combined of 4 arranged in 11 different bets (One quad, 4 triples, and 6 doubles). You can win by matching only 2 of your bets.
- Canadian or Super Yankee: Combined bet of 5 divided into 26 different bets (One quintuple, 5 quadruples, 10 triples, and 10 doubles). Match 2 of your selections to win.
- Heinz: Six bets combined in 57 different: one sixfold, 6 fivefold, 15 fourfold, 20 triples and 15 doubles. You can win by matching only 2 selections.
- Super Heinz: Seven selections combined in 120 bets: one septuple, 7 sextuplets, 21 quintuplets, 35 quadruplets, 35 triples and 21 doubles. Match 2 selections to earn benefits.
- Goliath: Eight bets are combined into 247 different bets: eightfold, 8 sevenfold, 28 sixfold, 56 fivefold, 70 fourfold, 58 triple, and 28 double). Hit two of your bets to win some profit.
Example of a combination bet
Let’s look at a simple example with a Trixie bet. The Trixie bet is made up of 3 different bets that we will call A, B, and C. These 3 bets are divided into 4 (one triple and three doubles) as follows:
- 1st double bet: A and B win.
- 2nd double: A and C win.
- 3rd double: B and C win.
- The triple bet: A, B, and C win.
If you want to win, you will have to hit at least two of the double bets. However, it is possible that in some cases, winning with just two hits is not enough to make a profit or even recover the stake. To avoid this, we recommend that you do the calculations with the odds well before betting.
How do you calculate what I will earn?
Let’s say the bets in our previous example are like this:
- Bet “A” has a odds of 2.00
- The bet “B” is 2.50
- Quota C is 3.00
If we bet forty dollars, these will be divided between the four selections of the Trixie bet (10 $ each), with the following odds:
- 1st double: (2.00) (2.50) = 5.00
- 2nd double: (2.00) (3.00) = 6.00
- 3rd double: (2.50) (3.00) = 7.50
- Triple bet: (2.00) (2.50) (3.00) = 15
In this case, if you hit your three bets, you would win all four selections of the Trixie, so your winnings would be like this:
- 1st double = 10 $ x 5.00 = 50 $.
- 2nd double = 10 $ x 6.00 = 60 $.
- 3rd double = 10 $ x 7.50 = 75 $.
- Triple bet = 10 $ x 15 = 150 $.
You would be winning 295 $ in total for your bet of 40 $. However, if one of your bets, you would only get a double bet. For example, if A loses but B and C win, you would win only 35 $.
3rd double: (2.50) (3.00) = 7.50 x 10 $ = 75 $ – 40 $ (bet) = 35 $ profit.
Measure the risk
Combination bets are very risky, even for experienced bettors, so we do not recommend starting with this type of bet. However, if you have a lot of knowledge about a sport, you can probably significantly improve your chances of winning by spending enough time choosing your selections carefully.
It’s also essential to choose low odds, and the fewer, the better, the better. Also, never bet on a combination unless you are almost 100% certain that your picks will be a winner. Although, of course, nothing is 100% certain in combination bets.