Congratulations on your new house! Now comes the most stressful task; shifting your household belongings to your new home. The easiest way to relocate your home goods in India is to hire moving professionals.
Whether you’re moving within or to a different city in India, knowing how moving companies estimate shifting charges is a great idea. This will help you avoid paying higher costs, and you will be able to know if the packer is trying to scam you.
Every moving firm has its own way of calculating the moving charges; there are several factors that influence the rates of packers and movers in Coimbatore. Mentioned below are some main factors based on which packers calculate shifting costs.
How to Get Accurate Cost Estimates through Pre-Move Survey
Packers send their team of experts to your place to conduct a pre-move survey. They will make note of your moving requirements and prepare a checklist of your goods; they will also plan best strategies and discuss them with you.
Movers conduct pre-move surveys not only to accurately estimate the shifting cost but also to come prepared with all the necessary packing supplies, equipment, etc., on the moving day.
What Costs are Included in Movers and Packers Rates
Your packing costs will depend on the quantity of your moving goods, packaging material required, and quality of packing needed (Economic or Premium). On average, shifting companies will charge around 25% out of the overall price for packing material. The lesser goods to move, the lower your moving cost will be.
The entire shifting process involves physical tasks like packing goods, loading them in truck, unloading them at destination. The movers bill will include around 15% as labor cost, mainly covering packing-unpacking, loading-unloading, disassembly-reassembly services.
For domestic relocation, if you need unpacking and reassembly services moving professionals will charge higher labor prices to provide the additional services since they have to contact laborers at your destination city to offer you the required service.
Truck rentals usually make up the majority of your moving expenses since it is the most preferred mode of transport you can rely on. The truck rentals costs approx. 60% of your total moving cost. This 60% depends on the size of truck, type of truck (shared or dedicated), and moving distance.
Factors Influencing Packing & Moving Charges in India
- Volume of Home Goods: The list of moving items plays key role in deciding moving costs by Chennai Packers and Movers, as it influences other factors like truck size, labor required, etc.
- Packaging Required: The rates fluctuate as per the quantity and quality of packaging materials; you can either choose Economic Packing or Premium Packing, based on your budget and requirements
- Distance Covered: For intercity shifting the moving distance has a huge impact on your shipping cost. The greater the distance, higher will be your shifting charges.
(Pro tip: if you are relocating to a new home, make sure to hire a good interior designer to give a new and proper design to your new home. Before hiring a interior design you can search some phrases like interior design tips for Compact 2 BHK homes in India or interior design tips in, etc. in google. This will give you a brief knowledge for your next step)
- Vehicle Type: The size of your truck depends on number of moving goods. The price also varies on the type of truck you choose; if you choose a shared truck, it will be cost-effective, as your goods will be transported along with other people’s things but will take longer to deliver. If you choose dedicated truck, your goods will be transported quickly in a single truck, but charges will be slightly high.
- Manpower & Physical Efforts: The rates differ based on your house size, number of labors required, & the amount of physical effort involved. The amount of physical work involved depends on the distance between door to truck, residing floor, non-availability of elevator, narrow staircase, etc.
- Note: If you’re moving to a different city then services like unpacking and reassembly will be provided upon your request for extra cost.
Packers-Movers costs include 3 main criteria Packing cost, Labour charges, and Truck rentals. These three criteria are influenced by other factors such as number of moving goods, relocation distance, type of truck, packaging required, residing floor, distance between door to truck, etc.
To make sure you don’t get scammed, it’s important to know based on what criteria the packers and movers calculate your moving cost. Request your packers to conduct a pre-move survey to accurately estimate the shifting rates and discuss your requirements in person.
AssureShift, a reliable relocation firm directory, helps you hire trustworthy moving professionals in Pan Indian locations. Their partnered packing companies accurately estimate your shifting cost by conducting proper pre-move survey.