So, you have already known all the benefits of your wig (or a collection of wigs, if you have already become an enthusiastic wig wearer) and now you cannot part with it even on a trip or on vacation. Well, this is quite natural, because we get used to good things so quickly!
We have amazing news for you. You may well travel with your favorite accessories. All you need to do is make sure that all units get to the place and back safe and sound. We will be happy to tell you how to travel with your wig and answer all the frequently asked questions.
How Many Wigs Should I Pack?
Here, we cannot give a universal tip that would suit everyone. Tastes differ, as well as our own craving for wigs, not to mention the difference in the features of our vacation. However, we would recommend determining the number of wigs you will need on the trip based on the following points:
- Features of your journey. If you are planning a lazy vacation, lying on the beach, and having romantic dinners together, one or two wigs are quite enough. However, if you prefer crazy parties or a lot of sports, the list of wigs may be somewhat longer.
- The climate in the place of your vacation. Hot and humid areas are not the places where you can shine in your wigs, so you can take just one or even give your hair a rest. A dryer and closer to your usual climate will allow you to change wigs as often as you like, so you can easily put several units in your suitcase, even including a couple of freshly purchased ones.
- Forecast of the weather. Rain and wind can bring your wig into a deplorable state, so do not take a lot of accessories if the weather is expected to be far from beautiful. If there is absolutely no way for you without a unit, take the one that makes you feel most confident – or at least the one that you don’t mind spoiling.
In general, the idea of taking wigs with you on vacation instead of flat and curling irons is very tempting. Firstly, you save space in your suitcase, and secondly, you can spend more time with your family, friends, and new acquaintances without wasting precious time styling your natural hair.
How Do I Pack My Wig Properly?
One of the best ways to protect your wig from tangling and crumpling is to turn it inside out. So, your second hairstyle will be completely safe, regardless of whether synthetic or natural hair is used for it. Act very carefully and comb your hair thoroughly before turning it out, especially if the strands are long, but this method of transportation is quite comfortable even for them.
Besides, you may need the following fixtures and accessories:
- Tissue paper. Stuff your wig cap with it to keep its shape after packing.
- A hair net. This inexpensive and versatile item will prevent the tangling of your wig. The choice of nets is now quite wide, and you can choose an option according to the length of your strands.
- A special sack or plastic bag. The box would be more reliable, but it would take up more space in your suitcase. Make sure there is some air inside the package, it will prevent the wig from crumpling.
- A silk shawl or scarf. The accessory will become a lifesaver for your wig if you pack things in a hurry, and there is no net, paper, or bag at hand. Wrap the wig in it and carefully put it in your baggage. So it will be more or less protected from damage this way.
What Else Should I Add to the List?
Going on a trip and not taking anything with you for a human hair wig (unless, of course, your unit is with you) is very rash. It still needs care and attention, and you can provide it with the following accessories:
- A collapsible wig stand. This small and lightweight device will allow you to store the wig at the hotel. Placed on a stand, it will quickly restore its shape and maintain its perfection. In addition, it will be much more convenient for you to dry and comb the wig.
- A wide-toothed comb. If you wear a wig on a trip, it will help you put your hair in order in just a minute. If the wig is still in the package, you can easily untangle the strands and make it shine.
- Care products. Wig shampoo and conditioner are the essentials of travel, and real wig gurus know it! Even if you’re going just for a few days, you may have to wash your wig for some reason. And it’s better if you have professional products at hand, instead of an ordinary shampoo that can ruin your unit. In the end, the stock pocket is not burdensome!
- Travel-sized bottles. Fill them with wig conditioner and shampoo to save place in your baggage, and at the same time stock up on the necessary care products. Cover the opening in the neck with plastic wrap and then close the lid tightly to prevent leakage.
- Spare tools for the wig secure. It doesn’t matter what you use – adhesives, grips, tape, clips, or caps. If they deteriorate or fail, it will be very difficult for you to find a replacement, especially if you are flying somewhere to the resort. Therefore, take care of additional fasteners even before you hit the road.
Will I Have to Take Off My Wig for Airport Security?
Actually, NO, because wigs are seen through just as well as your clothes when you are going through a security mechanism in the airport, so TSA agents will see everything anyway. The only exception is too suspicious airport staff, who may think that you are trying to hide something under a wig (we hope you don’t plan to do that, don’t you?). In order not to cause unnecessary attention, discard the metal bobby pins for securing the wig, because the sensor may work on them.
If the TSA staff still asked you to take off your wig, and you don’t want to do it in front of other airport visitors, explain everything to the agent and ask for a private room. He is unlikely to refuse you, and you can demonstrate that you are law-abiding without any stress or discomfort.
How Often Should I Wash My Wig on My Trip?
It all depends on your vacation style and the duration of the trip. If you are going away for a few days, and you are not planning anything extreme, you may well put off washing your wig until you come back home. However, a long journey and increased activity may require appropriate care to keep your wig flawless.
Well, now you know how to travel with your wig and create luxurious looks even while on vacation. If you still have any questions about using wigs, please contact us. We are always happy to help you!