Fatigue is a lack of energy that affects your ability to perform routine activities, and negatively impacts your quality of life. This can eventually lead to social withdrawal.
Strive IV and Wellness team can help you cope with fatigue through customized treatment according to your unique needs, thereby enhancing your quality of life and wellness.
Chronic fatigue – an overview
Chronic fatigue also referred to as myalgic encephalomyelitis, is defined as a prolonged physical and mental exhaustion that may last for several days or weeks.
Causes of chronic fatigue
The exact cause of chronic fatigue is unknown, however, it is believed to be attributed to factors like genetics (hereditary), and viral or bacterial infections.
Other contributing factors include:
- A compromised immune system
- Hormonal imbalance
Possible risk factors include:
- Common in young and middle-aged adults
- Women are more likely to suffer from chronic fatigue
- Debilitating diseases like diabetes
- Underlying conditions like arthritis, and fibromyalgia
- Anti-allergy medications
Clinical manifestations of chronic fatigue
Every person would experience different symptoms depending on the cause of chronic fatigue. However, some common symptoms include:
- Inability to concentrate
- Sensitivity to light
- Sleep disturbances
- Muscle and joint pain
- Mood swings
- Swollen, painful lymph nodes
- Nausea, vomiting, and abdominal bloating
Treating chronic fatigue with IV therapy
IV therapy is one of the most effective and fast-acting treatments to combat chronic fatigue. This helps to replenish your body’s essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are crucial for energy production, and overall wellness.
Your doctor will evaluate your symptoms and record your medical history to:
- Rule out debilitating diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and other disorders
- Record any family history
- Determine any medications being taken
You will be scheduled for your IV drips once your doctor considers you a suitable candidate. A cannula is inserted into your arm through a needle and attached to a bag containing nutrients. The IV drips slowly administer the nutrients directly into your bloodstream, allowing immediate absorption.
IV drips help to:
- Minimize the symptoms of fatigue
- Improve your immunity
- Improve hydration
- Enhance your energy levels
- Improve vitality and quality of life
- Prevent side effects of oral delivery, like nausea and vomiting
Lack of energy can be frustrating since it impacts your ability to perform simple daily routine activities. This could be due to exertion, or any underlying medical condition that requires proper evaluation and treatment. Fatigue left untreated can impair your physical and mental well-being.
IV therapy can help boost your energy levels efficiently through simple IV drips that are safe, with almost no side effects. It helps improve your health and enhance your quality of life.