You are probably doing some downsizing right now, or renovating. Either way, you must come across some things that you don’t need anymore.
It’s all good if the excess are some small ornaments. It’s another thing if the excess stuff is large, bulky furniture.
Well, you are in luck, because we have tips to store excess furniture, including searching for a good storage company that has offered furniture storage for excess.
Let’s see what your options are!
How You Can Do Furniture Storage In Melbourne
So, how can you store furniture in Melbourne? Well, you can easily ask a relative or a friend to hold them for you. But, you cannot rely on that for the long term solution. However, there are options that can give you peace of mind in the long run.
● Storing in Your Garage
The first solution should be something that you can immediately see. Your garage can be cleaned and organised to free up space and you can fit your furniture inside. However, you must keep in mind that furniture needs to be stored in a temperature regulated place.
So, if you live in Melbourne, it might not be a great idea. As you know, the weather in Melbourne can be fluctuating wildly. Therefore, storing furniture might not be a long term solution.
But, this option is the most cost-effective solution.
● Portable Storage Container
The second option, which is to hire a portable storage container, is also a cost-effective solution. Sure, it’s not free, like your garage, but it is pretty cheap.
There are also a variety of sizes to choose from, which are;
- 6ft containers = $22.95
- 8ft containers = $29.95
- 10ft containers = $34.95
- 20ft containers = $59.95
Depending on how much furniture you need to store, you can have the perfect size with the perfect price.
Moreover, with a portable storage container, you don’t have to pick up the container yourself. Your chosen storage company will send it to you and even load them for you!
Benefits Of Removing Excess Furniture From Your House
What are the benefits of removing excess furniture? Well, removing them may not look like much, but the impact you feel can be quite significant.
- Is your extra recliner in the way? And do you still hit your shin on that coffee table? Yeah, removing them can improve your space and how you move around your house.
- Seeing all of those things crammed together into a room can be exhausting. So, removing them and storing them can dramatically improve your rest, focus, and productivity.
- You will have confidence in your new home. When you have family or friends over, you can proudly show them around your neat, beautiful house.
- You won’t have to clean as much! Yes, with less things to dust and wipe, your cleaning time will decrease greatly.
So, what’s stopping you from hauling that old coffee table out of the living room?
Tips to Pack Your Furniture for Storage
Now, you might not need the furniture anymore, but you still have some attachment to them. So, we will tell you how to store them properly. That way, they are still in good condition when you bring them out again.
- Clean them thoroughly. Get rid of dust, moisture, and traces of food. If you don’t clean them well, they can attract pests and mould.
- Wrap them in furniture blankets. These blankets act as a shock absorbent and prevent damage to the furniture. Storage companies who are industry leaders will give you these blankets for free.
- To protect them from dust, cover them with plastic bags.
- If the furniture you are storing has a glass surface, make sure to pack them with bubble wrap, packing paper, and furniture blanket.
Removing your unneeded furniture can impact your quality of life significantly. With smart packing tips we provided above, you can store your furniture safely in a garage or storage unit.
The best way to store your excess furniture is to hire a storage container. Not only do they deliver the container to you, they also store them for you with added protection.
Therefore, you can rest assured that your beloved furniture will be well taken care of.