What is a wedding? Let’s begin, perhaps, with the fact that, strange as it may seem, the term “wedding” has a different meaning for each person. It would seem, how is that possible? But, it really does.
If you ask your friends or family members what a wedding is in their understanding, not the designation of the word itself, but the underlying meaning, each of them will tell you something completely different.
For some, a wedding is a goal, like he or she is a player in a decisive match, and only by getting a partner as a legitimate spouse will the mission be accomplished. And for some, it’s a sacrament of love that doesn’t require a lavish celebration or lots of guests. For a huge number of couples, this rite remains first and foremost deeply religious.
When it comes to tying the knot, the location of your ceremony plays a significant role. It’s not just about the aesthetics, but also the convenience, amenities, and overall atmosphere that the venue provides. If you’re dreaming of a wedding that is as unique as your love story, consider a wedding venue in Rexburg. Their dedicated team will ensure your day is unforgettable, providing a beautiful backdrop for your vows and memories that will last a lifetime.
That’s why absolutely everything about weddings is always terribly subjective, and if we were asked to name just the best places to get married, we would, of course, be confused. Because there are so many amazing places in the world that can make your celebration unforgettable, it makes your head spin.
But since the query sounds like “Best wedding destinations for foreigners where you can easily get married,” that makes it pretty easy.
Let’s first understand what foreign couples understand by the phrase “easy to marry”.
This concept includes several points:
- The ability for two foreigners to get married in this country.
- The ability to visit the country without a visa.
- Minimum time requirements for staying in the country to register a marriage.
- Minimum package of documents for the wedding.
- Affordable cost of the process.
- Fast terms of concluding a union.
- Legitimacy of marriage all over the world.
- No restrictions for certain parameters (faith, citizenship, gender, etc.).
- No specific requirements (e.g., pre-marital medical test).
There are not many requirements, but not all states can boast of loyal legislation in this matter and easy conditions for weddings, especially for foreign couples.
And so, we came to the answer to the main question: where is the best and easiest place for foreigners to get married?
And here are our top five best places to get married in the world:
- Las Vegas (USA).
- Czech Republic.
Each of them has its own advantages and nuances, but perhaps the best option is Georgia.
Why Georgia is the best destination for weddings for foreigners?
Georgia tops our list quite reasonably, as it has a number of advantages compared to other locations.
- Most couples do not need a visa to travel to Georgia (this rule applies to citizens of 94 countries).
- Foreign couples, even without a residence permit and having flown in for a day, can get married.
- To register your marriage you will need: a passport, a translation of your passport into Georgian, and certified by a lawyer and two witnesses. If you have been married before, you also need to provide documents about the divorce or death of your spouse.
- It takes 24 hours to register your marriage.
- An official marriage that was performed in Georgia is considered valid worldwide. The only thing you will need to do when you return to your country of residence is to legalize it with the local authorities.
- Georgian law defines marriage as a legal, not a religious union, and it is concluded at the House of Justice, a state institution. Therefore, it does not matter to the authorities the religion of your confession. What matters to them is that both partners must be of legal age (18 years or older), legally capable, and have no other valid marriages.
Among other things, Georgia attracts future newlyweds with its beautiful views, low prices, and well-developed malibu wedding venue
If you are confused by the last point, then let’s understand a little bit.
A wedding abroad is not the same as a wedding at home, where you understand people’s language, pricing, nuances, and mentality. Organizing that event requires a lot of effort, and when it happens in another country, you can safely multiply everything by two.
So having a developed service to help foreigners who want to get married is really very important. For example, by contacting the wedding agency “Shu Wedding” you will get a full range of services. It includes: preparing documents for the marriage, filing the application, transfer, providing witnesses if they are not available, and assistance in legalizing your marriage in the country of residence. And all this for the sum of $500.
As you can see, professional conditions can make a wedding abroad not only easy but also financially profitable.