Healthcare as a luxury service. Healthcare for a fee. Premium individual care. You may be familiar with some of these terms but unsure of their distinctions or what they actually represent in terms of care.
No matter what you call it, concierge medicine has distinguishing features that set it apart from more conventional medical care. Get help from calabasas consultations.
How would you describe concierge medicine?
It is a common thing to hear. Just what is “concierge medicine”? This is what concierge medicine boils down to:
An alternative primary care approach that prioritizes the doctor-patient interaction over the administrative burdens of the status quo. By charging patients a fee to join the practice, doctors can better serve their patients in terms of accessibility, convenience, and breadth of care.
A primary care physician practicing concierge medicine may or may not see significantly fewer patients per day than a conventional primary care physician, but they will almost always spend more time with each patient.
What is the procedure for concierge medicine?
Primary care physicians often see less than 400-600 patients at a time, down from as many as 2,000-3,000. Patients pay a membership fee in order to make up for the medical revenue lost due to a dramatic decrease in the number of patients visited. In exchange, individuals receive more tailored care to their needs and are easier to access than at a conventional clinic.
The typical components of this type of care are:
- Acute care appointments are available the same day or the following day
- The ability to get medical attention whenever needed
- Appointment lengthening, usually by at least 30 minutes
- There is almost never any downtime while waiting for an appointment.
- Most concierge medical services begin with those fundamentals. Some clinics even go further by providing health coaching, wellness programs, and more in addition to the standard annual physical.
Ultimately, concierge medicine aims to provide doctors and patients more time to develop lasting connections through individualized care.
A lot of people wonder why they should try concierge medicine.
What attracts clients to concierge medical services? Over the years, concierge medical practice has assisted thousands of patients in making the transition, and everyone’s noticed a few common threads. The five most common justifications for seeking out concierge medical care are as follows:
- This person sets high standards for herself and values the specialized attention provided by concierge medicine.
- They already have a condition that calls for special attention.
- They have a medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
- No more holding out for them.
- They seek tranquility, either for themselves or for the sake of their loved ones.