No matter what you may have seen in the movies, there are some basic rules for elevators that everyone should know about.
Read on for a list of what not to do when riding an elevator:
- Do not press more than one button. If you only want to go up or down one level, just push the corresponding button and wait patiently while the other people exit or enter. No need to press “G” twice and confuse your neighbours!
- Do not call out totals on floors as they go by. This will only make it harder for those who also need to know when they reach their destination and can’t see where it is clearly marked on their floor buttons.
- Do not carry multiple binders filled with legal files. Wait until you get to your floor and enter by yourself, then place the binding material in the correct file cabinet.
- Do not bring large golf bags into an elevator. Make sure that you can comfortably fit all of your clubs into one cart bag or attach them to your golf bag with a shoulder strap. Otherwise, hang them from the handle on top of the elevator and wait for your floor. (This also applies to boaters who have flat-bottomed boats.)
- Do not hold a door open for someone else in your building. After you’ve closed the door, press the button for the floor you’re on and wait for your fellow elevator riders to exit before reaching in and opening the door again.
- Lift manufacturers in Ahmedabad say not to wear clothing that will snag on one of the elevator chains when moving to a lower level. This is especially important if you have long fingernails or wear metal jewellery.
- Do not wear anything that will rub up against the elevator doors as you move between floors. This includes long scarfs, tie chains, and straps on backpacks and purses.
- Elevator Manufacturers in Ahmedabad also say to not bring a dog into an elevator unless you can keep it completely under control at all times. Pets are unpredictable when they get scared or hungry, so it is best to leave them at home alone until needed.
- Do not leave the door open for more than 8 seconds. It takes this long for the elevator to notice that someone has left before it automatically shuts.
- Do not close the elevator door too hard. This will prevent fellow riders from exiting and may have unintended consequences since the doors are on an emergency stop.
- Do not stand by or on the doors if others are waiting to get in or out. Especially when you’re in a hurry, it is perfectly acceptable to be early or late for a meeting, but it is not acceptable to keep people waiting for an elevator. Most people won’t press “5” again if they feel like something is wrong with the elevator and wait patiently until it recovers.
Many builders and individuals trust Sigma Elevators. They manufacture lift according to your needs at a very reasonable price. They keep all safety measures in mind while making an elevator.