Choosing the right mattress size is also crucial besides the feel and texture to fulfill the goal of enjoying a sound sleep at night. If you select an inappropriate one then you wake up feeling unhappy and lethargic, which can affect your productivity.
Bedroom size and budget are also considered while making a buying decision along with size, feel, and texture. There are a plethora of categories and sub-categories to choose from. There is a little difference in the dimension of certain mattress sizes, so choosing the right one is tricky.
You will also need to consider the mattress brand because no one desires to compromise on quality. The best mattress brand is costly, but you are investing in comfort and health. In this post let’s discuss mattress dimensions and sizes in detail to make an informed decision.
- 72” by 84” [room size – 12 ft. by 12 ft.] – The longest bed size making it ideal for tall sleepers. Two sleepers can comfortably sleep and even a child can co-sleep. It is a good alternative for families.
- 76” by 80” – [room size – 12 ft. by 12 ft.] – It offers 4” extra width than the above but in length is 4” smaller. Parents can co-sleep with their kids because this size easily accommodates all of them.
Both king size beds have split options, so partners can choose their preferences. It means in a single bed they can have two different mattresses to fulfill their personal needs.
- 66” by 80” [room size – 10 ft. by 10 ft.] – Couples can comfortably sleep on this size but are not regarded as the standard size because it is a nightmare to find bed sheets matching this size. The only benefit is that the size offers a little extra space than the standard queen-size bed.
- 60” by 80” [room size – 10 ft. by 10 ft.] – Couples who don’t need more space or a single adult favors more space to sprawl can choose the queen size bed. It is a great option for the master bedroom as well as the guest room. It is a convenient size mattress that fits in every room and is capable to accommodate two sleepers. In this style split option is available for couples with different preferences.
- 54” by 75” [room size – 9 ft. 6” by 10 ft. 6”] – Full-size XL is 5” longer than the standard full-size mattresses. It offers extra legroom for people with height.
- 54” by 75” [room size – 9 ft. 6” by 10 ft. 6”] – It is a great option for solo sleepers. It is not suitable for couples but for a single person, the space is sufficient to sleep comfortably. It fits in every room and does not make the space look crowded. It is also a great size for a spare bed.
- XL size – 38” by 80” [room size – 9 ft. 6” by 10 ft. 6”] – A good option to accommodate taller people or extra guests. The mattress does not need much space and is less costly than the full or queen size beds.
- Twin – 38” by 75” [room size – 7 ft. by 10 ft.] – It is a good mattress for teens and children. The size accommodates children during their growing phase. For a full-grown adult, this size is unsuitable. It fits in small rooms and is perfect for bunk beds.
- 30” by 75” [room size – 7 ft. by 10 ft.] – Single mattress is designed to fit one person. It is 8” smaller in width than the standard twin-size mattress. For a single person, the space is sufficient.
- 27.25” by 51” [crib size – 6 ft. by 4 ft.] – It is a standard crib size mattress governed by the federal government for child safety. It is designed to fit within a crib. You will easily find sheets that fit the crib mattress.
Other factors that influence mattress size
- Who will use the mattress? – If you are a solo sleeper then you can remove king-size options and choose from the queen or full-size beds. If couples desire to co-sleep with their small kid then a king or queen size is a better alternative.
- What is the room size? – You will need to leave some space around the bed for moving around. A king-size mattress in a small room will make the space feel uncomfortable.
- Where is the room situated? – Carrying a king-size bed on the first floor is challenging, so consider the staircase width.
- What is your budget? – Budget determines the available mattress sizes to choose from.