Every year, more people get access to the Internet worldwide. The media and entertainment industry rapidly adopts the latest technologies to provide this ever-growing online audience with more excellent services. It gives a tremendous boost to entertainment app development. This software includes various streaming platforms for TV shows, movies, games, live events, sports matches and much more. The list of entertainment app development services is incredibly rich:
- Music apps
- Movie streaming apps
- News and media houses apps
- Social network apps
- Travel apps
- Video streaming apps
- Event apps
Although all these services are different, they all have enough common features and benefits:
- Improved customer experience. Implemented AI algorithms allow users to instantly find the content they are looking for.
- Increased brand visibility. With so many users reaching the Internet from smartphones, a mobile app is a proven path for each company to remain competitive in the market.
- Trends tracking. The analytical tools integrated into apps allow businesses to better analyze the audience’s needs and preferences and come up with more relevant content. It leads to increased sales and wider reach.
However, the customers always want to know how long entertainment software development will take. There is no definite answer to this question. It is a lengthy process that can take up to several months. What are the critical stages of media and entertainment app development?
- Market research and idea validation. Your project may be great, but you need to be sure other people share your opinion. It is vital to define the target audience to create the right product for it. This stage may take several weeks.
- Planning features and platform. Now you need to decide whether you want a native or cross-platform application. The next step is to list all the functions it is expected to perform. This phase will require roughly a month to finalize all the details.
- Design sketch. It is an inevitable part of the app creation as it is responsible for how easily users navigate the application. It may take up to two weeks to decide on all design aspects.
- Development stage. This part of the process includes UI, back-end and front-end development. The engineering works and design will typically require from six to eight weeks.
- Testing and deployment. It is a must to know the app is bug-free before you make it available to a broad audience. This stage may also take another week or two.
How to get the app in the shortest time? Always opt for a company that offers full-cycle development and has rich expertise in app creation.