In winter, the problem that many women face is dry skin, which is not a serious symptom. It only causes annoyance and discomfort. which is temporary or may occur for a long time The symptoms will depend on factors such as age, health, environment of residence. or other reasons
symptoms of dry skin
Dry skin may have some of the most common important symptoms as follows:
– Skin tightness, especially after taking a shower Take a dip or swim
– Skin looks rough
– Itching on the skin
– scaly, peeling or flaky skin
– Dry, cracked skin and may bleed
– pale skin
For the most of people who have dry skin problems , they can easily manage the treatment themselves. But if the following symptoms occur may need to see a doctor
1. Dry skin that does not improve despite trying to maintain the best
- dry skin accompanied by redness
- Feeling dry, tight on the skin and itching while sleeping. make uncomfortable
- Scaly skin or large areas of peeling skin
- have pain or infection from scratching
cause of dry skin
Dry skin is mostly caused by environmental factors. Including some diseases that can affect the skin dry. The causes of dry skin that may occur are as follows:
– Weather: Most dry skin occurs during winter or when the weather is dry, such as when the temperature and humidity change sharply.
– air conditioner People who have to work in air-conditioned rooms for a long time are often found to have dry skin.
– Soak in hot water or take a hot bath If done for a long time, it can dry out the skin.
– harsh soaps and detergents often destroys the moisture in the skin Because with formulas and ingredients that remove oiliness in the skin.
– Other causes such as people with dermatitis or skin allergies and psoriasis All of them tend to cause dry skin.
In addition, dry skin can be a side effect of certain diseases such as jaundice, diabetes and kidney disease.
Note : There are many skin care products to choose from on our website. https://facelabs.co.th/
Dry skin treatment and tips
Dry skin is a small matter that can be easily treated by yourself with the following tips.
– Eat foods high in omega 3, which is an essential fatty acid that helps to strengthen the skin’s natural oil layer. Foods rich in omega-3s include salmon, sardines, and walnuts.
– Consuming vitamin C in moderation from eating fruits and vegetables Because vitamin C is part of the process of creating collagen. Collagen is a protein that is an important component of the skin.
– Oils or lotions with vitamin E can help reduce inflammation and increase skin protection.
– Be careful not to deplete the body of vitamin A, as vitamin A deficiency can cause severe dry skin. It can be easily prevented by eating fruits and vegetables such as oranges, carrots and papaya, which are rich in alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and kryptoxanthin. The body will convert these substances into vitamin A and use it when needed.
– coconut oil Can be used to add moisture to the skin.
– Protect skin from sunlight because of UV rays It’s an important part of the skin being damaged. Both age wrinkles and dry skin
– Drink lots of water to prevent dehydration. which is another cause of dry skin
If you have chronic dry skin or severe dry skin It may require evaluation and treatment from a doctor or dermatologist, for example in people with very dry, scaly skin. creams or lotions that are commercially available which contains lactic acid and lactic acid mixed with Urea or petroleum jelly.
Dry skin can cause dermatitis. In this case, your doctor may recommend a lotion containing hydrocortisone. to relieve itching, etc.