Finnish national will be producing more and more electronic entertainment such as video games.
Foreigners, especially those from the United States, will continue to purchase this entertainment via platforms such as Steam or the Android market.
The question is: Who will be riding the wave of success and popularity? Let’s take a look at the most popular Finns and see how long they hold their positions.
First, we must look at the new popular trend of “Let’s Players.” Where one person can comment on games while playing it live in front of an audience that is watching them play in real-time. According to Ninja Online Casino Viewers are able to interact with players in real-time through chat or other means. By 2021, Finnish gamers will have a successful income through the success of these individuals.
The top 9 list for Finland will be as follows:
9) Markku ” Varjo” Hypponen – A professional gamer who specializes in racing video games such as Need For Speed 2016 or Dirt 3 . He also plays CS:GO, but not well enough for this list due to his limited audience. He has a total of 4,000 followers on Twitch and an unknown amount of money through donations.
8) Anssi “Aku” Pulkkinen – A professional gamer and also the coach and captain for international Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Team ENCE. Aku is the most popular individual from that team with over 70,000 subscribers on Twitch alone. His income will be near five figures this year from streaming only.
7) Joona “Serral” Sotala – Another professional Finnish gamer who specializes in Starcraft 2 . Serral is one of the few non-Korean players who can play at Korean levels at a young age while maintaining confidence against other foreign players as well. His income from prize money and streaming games will place him at a comfortable five-figure salary.
6) Tomi “lurppis” Kovanen – An old legend in the Counter-Strike community, now going by the name of lurppis. Lurppis was a former analyst for Team EG before transitioning into a successful business. He has a decent income through his twitch stream with over 13,000 followers. His earnings will be near four figures this year as it is only based on donations from those who watch him play games such as Starcraft 2 or League of Legends.
5) Joonas “ZanX” Savolainen – A professional gamer who specializes in fighting video games such as Street Fighter 4 or Injustice: Gods Among Us. ZanX has a small but extremely dedicated fan base through social media such as Twitter or Facebook. His income will be near five figures this year with donations from his fans alone.
4) Tuomas “WhiteRa” Honkala – The oldest person on this list and still going strong. WhiteRa is a professional gamer who stays relevant in Starcraft 2 tournaments. Another player who can compete at the highest levels in Starcraft 2, he has over 50,000 followers on Twitch, along with his 500 YouTube subscribers. He will have an extremely high income this year through donations alone.
3) Teemu “Fuzer” Romppanen – The majority of gamers on this list are professional players by trade, however, Fuzer does not fall into that category, he is only a semi-professional gamer. However, his dedication to streaming games live for hours on end each day has amassed him over 200,000 followers on Twitch. He will be making a four-figure salary this year alone from donations and ads.
2) Vesa “Welmu” Hovinen – Welmu is the most popular pro Starcraft 2 player in Finland. He has over 80,000 followers on Twitch, not nearly as much attention on his YouTube channel so he will receive a decent amount of money this year, but nowhere near that of his fellow countryman Serral.
1) Joona “Serral” Sotala – The number one spot for Finnish gamers goes to Serral who has earned it through coming out victorious at multiple tournaments throughout the course of the last few years. His championship runs have earned him an insane amount of subscribers on Twitch with over 33,000 at the time of writing this article. With donations alone, he could make around six figures.