Cholesterol management is an important element in leading a healthy life. It requires a strict diet that is less in trans fats and oil. If the number increases, Doctors suggest various lifestyle changes for low cholesterol, so you can follow those steps to maintain your cholesterol.
But, if we talk about cholesterol, what is it in general terms, and why is it important to maintain it at a low level? You can visit the medical centers for guidance if you also have doubts about cholesterol in New Port Richey. There are various high cholesterol new port richey medical hubs to better treat cholesterol.
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a natural waxy substance that the body produces. The liver produces around 5% of cholesterol naturally, and the rest cholesterol is produced by the food we consume. It is present in your blood cells and travels throughout your body. Natural level cholesterol is important for your brain and body to work. But when the number increases, it poses a problem to your health as it can lead to choking of your bloodstream.
There is good and bad cholesterol based on its functions. Bad cholesterol can build up in your arteries as a fatty substance. On the other hand, good cholesterol extracts extra cholesterol from blood streams and destroys them.
How to Maintain Low Cholesterol?
- Ban Trans fats: Trans fats can increase cholesterol levels; therefore, it is important to avoid food products rich in trans fats.
- Maintain Your Weight: If you have a decent weight as per your age, you cannot have a risk of high cholesterol. But if the weight is increasing and leading to problems, it is important to reduce it bit by bit every week to maintain the cholesterol level.
- Exercise Daily: If you are eating a trans fat food product, it is important to burn those fats with the help of exercise. It will help you to combat the increasing cholesterol. You can start with small exercises like walking or cycling.
- Eat Healthy Fiber Food: You can consume foods rich in fiber, like apples, oats, beans, and prunes. These products have a high tendency to be soluble in fiber. It restricts the absorption of cholesterol and thus maintains a low level.
- Include Nuts: Nuts consumption can maintain your health and provide sterols like fibers that keep cholesterol at bay. It is important to understand that nuts are rich in calories; therefore, you can maintain a balance and not overuse them.