Each person has their idea of themselves, their life experience, and their possibilities of influencing the world around them. Ethics is eternal and one of the leading guides in the development of relations between people. The legalized rule or obligatory order, in which a person’s idea of justice and injustice, loyalty or unfaithfulness of people’s actions is expressed, decisively influences the formulation of a person’s values. Everybody deserves justice and respect. Different cultures attach different weights to this, but they all recognize the value of an individual human being.
An ethics paper or essay a small piece written following a given structure and in strict accordance with the topic of the subject Ethics. The essay reflects the author’s subjective perspective, based on the analysis of theoretical and analytical materials.
We make ethical choices all the time. But, in most cases, we do it unknowingly, without thinking about why we are doing it. Ethics is the doctrine of morality. It answers the question of what we must do to do the right, moral actions. Learning to write an ethics essay is relatively simple. After all, it is an organized way of expressing your ideas on a topic, usually critically. Thus, critical essays are a powerful tool because of their ability to provoke controversy or reasoned debate. This article focuses on helpful tips to help you correctly write an ethics paper. If you need ethics topics for writing research papers and essays, navigate here.
7 Tips on How to Write an Ethics Essay
- Don’t use rhetorical questions. If you ask a question, you must answer it.
- Make sure you know and understand the meanings of all words you use in your paper. Do not use complicated words to impress the teacher.
- Write clearly and concisely. Delete all phrases and sentences that don’t make sense. Pay special attention to adverbs and adjectives.
- Support each argument or opinion with an ethical source. For example, you may use the opinion of a particular philosopher or a tradition of a particular country.
- It would be best to mention respected authors’ arguments on the issue under discussion. Add quotes to support your point.
- List misconceptions about a specific problem and provide answers to them.
- Pick a specific example related to the chosen topic and analyze it in your paper.
Formatting an Ethics Essay
The ethics paper is usually from 3 to 10 pages long. There are no clear criteria for the length of the paper. It is not the number of pages of the essay that matters, but its content.
Use the Times New Roman font, size 14 for the text, with 1.5 spacing on one of the sides of a standard sheet (A4). The following margins should be observed: 30 mm left margin, 10 mm right margin, 25 mm bottom margin, 25 mm top margin.
Pages must be numbered with Arabic numerals, observing continuous numbering throughout the text. The page number is put in the upper right corner without a dot at the end.
The reference list should be compiled in alphabetical order by the rules of bibliographic description.