Do you want to buy shares of a large company? If so, you need to open a trading account with an online broker. In the long run, the stock market is one of the best places to invest.
But you can’t just buy stock through your bank account or call a company to buy. You need to find one of the best stock brokers.
In the past, you really had to call a private person, known as a stockbroker, who placed the order on your behalf. That process was complicated – and expensive.
Now most investors buy and sell stocks through online stock brokers. But competition between the best online stock brokers is as intense as ever.
Every stock trading platform is unique.And now – with every broker offering stock trading and ETFs for $0 – deciding which one to use is very difficult.
You can check the trading platform meta-trader: https://fbs.com/trading/platforms/meta-trader-5. There you can find investment options, trading tools, market research, beginner training, customer service and ease of use are all factors investors should consider when choosing a broker.
If you’re ready to start investing, we’re ready to help. Below you will find a list of the best trading platforms and what you should look out for.
The Best Trading Platforms
Here are the best online brokers for 2022:
- Fidelity – perfect for beginners.
- TD Ameritrade – user-friendly trading platforms and tools, quality customer service.
- E*TRADE – first class mobile trading, quality in terms of ease of use.
- Charles Schwab – the best brokerage podcast.
- Interactive Brokers – the choice for professionals.
Now let’s look at each platform in more detail:
Fidelity combines $0 commissions, top-notch research and a great mobile app. It’s all there in a simple online platform. With a $0 minimum account and zero-cost index and mutual funds, this is one of the most affordable stock brokers out there.
- trading stocks and ETFs with no fees;
- fractional stock investing offerings;
- wide range of mutual funds;
- high-quality mobile app.
These are other advantages of Fidelity.
The fact that TD Ameritrade provides investors with educational services makes it a great choice for first-time investors. In addition to a robust educational platform, TD Ameritrade is also easy to use and navigate. The platform is comprehensive, but not overwhelming. The company has the resources, range of offerings and support to help investors improve their positions:
- extensive educational program for aspiring investors;
- well-developed web platform and mobile apps;
- range of trading platforms and investment offerings for all types of investors and traders.
This is something that also doesn’t hurt to know.
E*TRADE website and mobile application, suitable for beginners and experienced investors alike. It provides easy access to the most essential tools, helping users move quickly from research to trading:
- the mobile apps are very well designed and easy to use;
- E*TRADE paper trading can be used to test strategies;
- E*TRADE ready portfolios offer a quick path to the markets;
- there is strong educational content with a solid library and a calendar of live events.
These benefits will also make your business easier.
Schwab is actively reducing fees on its mutual funds and ETFs. It is eliminating general account fees, reducing fees to $0 per transaction and allowing investors to buy fractional shares. Thus, it makes it extremely affordable:
- reliable access to mutual funds;
- investing and banking in one person;
- nationwide network of branches;
- high quality investment app.
It’s all available with Schwab.
Interactive Brokers stands out because it offers some of the most meaningful stock trading offerings:
- low marginal rates;
- reliable and user-friendly trading platform;
- commission-free trading.
This makes Interactive Brokers an effective option for your work.
Choosing the Best Stockbroker
Choosing the best online brokerage account for you depends on your needs. Here are a few things you may want to consider:
- if you plan to just buy and hold stocks, you probably don’t need a full-featured trading platform;
- if you mainly plan to buy mutual funds, you should look for the best mutual fund brokerage because these brokerage accounts offer low or $0 commissions for buying and selling mutual funds;
- If you’re a brand new investor and only want to invest a few hundred dollars at first, you should probably look for a broker with no minimum investment requirements.
If you plan to trade bonds or stock options, or plan to transact over the phone rather than online, be sure to compare how much each of the top stockbrokers charge for these transactions.
A Mobile App for a Stock Broker
With so many people using their mobile devices for financial activities these days, it’s worth noting that most online brokers also have apps for investing.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of which brokerage firm has the best mobile app. Some people prefer a convenient app that makes it easy to buy and sell stocks. But if you anticipate making a fair amount of trading using your mobile device, reviewing each broker’s mobile app should be an important part of your evaluation process.
When choosing the best brokerage platform for novice traders, special attention is paid to how well the broker prepares you to participate in the financial markets. Many brokers have made efforts to simplify the registration process and make it very easy for the client.
However, to be the best broker for beginners, a broker must provide investors with access to the knowledge needed to invest successfully in a variety of formats. E*TRADE and TD Ameritrade are strong brokerage platforms in general, and both have the added appeal of their large resource libraries and paper trading capabilities.
Most importantly, these resources are available to you without risk to your cash. This can help indecisive investors gain a level of comfort with the market and the platforms. Ultimately, TD Ameritrade is our top choice because of its slightly more in-depth training experience and extensive customer support.
Nonetheless, all of these platforms offer an excellent opportunity to get to grips with the market and provide all the features you’ll need to grow as an investor.