A ccording to a recent American study, our intelligence quotient can change during adolescence . In fact, these fluctuations are related to the physical changes that occur in our brain structure . The question has been asked for several years: is everyone’s IQ “fixed”? And scientists disagree on the answer. Is there a proven way to increase our IQ score?
Yes, but as for increasing the real intelligence, it is much more difficult. There’s a very simple way to improve your performance on IQ tests: do a lot. Researchers call this the “practice effect ,” and it’s pretty much foolproof. But beware, there is a trap. IQ tests aim to measure a concept called, in psychometrics, g-factor, or general intelligence. The link between IQ tests and the infamous g-factor has been established after decades of longitudinal studies, which show that those who score well on IQ tests have better grades in school, do better on university admission tests (in the United States, editor’s note) and receive higher incomes. Only, when you improve your IQ test scores by https://iq-global-test.com/ doing it with interest, the practice effect breaks the correlation that exists between IQ and the g-factor. With practice, you get better at the test, not smarter.
Work harder to gain more (IQ)
The best known method of enhancing one’s underlying intelligence is to burn. For every school year missed, early school leavers lose between 1.5 and 5 IQ points. People who occupy strategic positions, requiring problem-solving skills, see their IQ gradually increase, while the IQ of those performing a non-intellectual and repetitive function weakens over time. Older people are particularly vulnerable to mental degeneration and tend to have declining IQs.
For various reasons, it is difficult to establish a link between these IQ differences and changes in the g-factor. Indeed, adolescents who have not completed their schooling do less well in life. But it is not certain that it is due to a “general intelligence in decline”or the fact that they don’t have a diploma. Psychometric researchers are not sure how to separate success from ability.
So how do you get smart faster? In 2008, researchers from the University of Michigan and the University of Bern conducted an experimentin which their subjects had to perform tests in the form of a memory game. Here is how it unfolds: every three seconds, a computer screen displays a drawing; each time a new drawing appears, the participant, equipped with a headset, hears a letter of the alphabet.
The task consists in reacting when the same drawing or the same letter comes back, after a lapse of a defined time. As the subjects improved, they were asked to identify letters and designs repeated at increasingly distant intervals. The researchers then found that the score of these participants in IQ test type questionnaires increased at the same time as their performance in the memory game proposed in the experiment.
It’s unclear why memory games improve IQ test scores, but the study’s authors speculate that these games taught participants to juggle multiple ideas in their minds — a useful skill for reasoning. facing an IQ test question.
However, some questions remain unanswered. It cannot yet be said with certainty that the skills learned in this memory game are useful in the real world; in other words, they increase the g-factor. We are not sure either that these skills are definitively acquired. A companion study of children suggests that those who got better with practice kept their skills – but children pick up new skills a bit more easily than adults. It is also important to remember that this memory game only improves one aspect of intelligence – which, apparently, is useful. You can use iq-global-test.com for sharp mind.
How to improve your IQ test?
The IQ calculation was invented in 1905 by William Stern who was a German philosopher.
- IQ is a person’s intelligence quotient and is determined by taking a series of tests.
- The latter takes into account different categories that can change.
- There are different tests depending on age.
- Through the score obtained, we determine your intelligence.
- Every individual, who passes this IQ test, can improve their results.
- However, it should be noted that at some point your results will no longer increase because you will have reached your best level.
- You should also know that some scientists refute the calculation of IQ.
- What are the solutions to improve your IQ test?
- The most important thing when you take this kind of test is not to be stressed.
- The more relaxed and focused you are, the better your results will be.
- Also, avoid putting too much pressure on yourself.
- If you don’t know how to answer a question, that’s okay because there are many more.
- Also, don’t think back to the answers you gave earlier.
- Indeed, it could mislead you and take you off-center for the rest of the exam.
- In order for your brain to be at its best, it is very important to practice a sporting activity.
- The latter will allow your brain to oxygenate.
- You will also empty your mind which will then be freer to carry out your test.
- Drink coffee or tea as it increases concentration.
- Also, eat foods that are rich in vitamin B to increase the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.
- Read every day to enrich yourself.
- In addition, reading is good for memory and the mind because it requires good concentration.
- This is also essential for an IQ test.
- Do crosswords, crosswords, or others for your memory.
- Sudoku is also highly recommended to improve your IQ test results.
- Other games like scrabble are also good ways to work on memory.
- Sleeping well is essential for many activities.
- Indeed, our body and our brain need to rest to be as efficient as possible.
- Likewise, it is important to learn how to breathe well.
- For this, you can practice meditation which will help you to have better concentration.