You have finished mixing and mastering the latest tracks, which was challenging. Now, you need to get the music before music lovers. Unlike record labels, digital music distribution companies have made it easy to get your album before the global audience.
A music distributor is a middleman between the digital service providers and the artist. The distributor sends your album to every online music store and streaming platform. With a music distributor, you can get your music on Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, etc. successfully. Online music stores offer discovery tools for their members to find and stream the latest albums.
In the digital music marketplace, you will ick sales from all around the internet. Therefore have your music distributed as extensively as possible. When choosing an online music distributor look for flexibility [like you can change distributors anytime], credibility and pricing package.
MusicDigi is an online distributor that offers a yearly package of $39.99 without any hidden costs. The process is transparent and artists can keep track of their music and sales performance in different music stores in real-time.
To distribute and get your music on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Deezer, Beatport, etc. is possible with digital music distribution companies. Distribution is not marketing. Both differ….the former is placing music where it is visible, while the latter is drawing attention. By default, it is the responsibility of the musician to handle the promotion of their album or songs or singles.
Digital music distributor helped you get your music on TikTok including an appealing cover art and release date. When you determine a release date you will need some time for promoting the album, otherwise, people will not be able to find the new song straight away.
An effective music promotion requires a head start of a few months or weeks before the final release. You can sell music on iTunes successfully but there is a need to build curiosity and excitement to gain more and more fans.
Proven digital distribution techniques to sell music online
- For music promotion press releases are valuable. News about your upcoming album release will excite your fans. Include a link from where to stream the music and a short bio.
- Social media is a powerful promotional tool. Get the word about your new album release out on social media. Create a short video for Instagram or TikTok, add a Facebook post or a tweet on Twitter. The new music release will spread across the internet like fire. If you have a budget, choose paid ads to gain a rapid kick start.
- Besides music videos, start releasing photos like a lyrics picture or your recording studio. Your fans will adore staying connected with the making of the new album. It helps to build momentum before the final release date.
- If you have followers then a mini-tour is ideal for new music promotion. Set local gigs four weeks before the release date. Give as many live performances as possible sharing the new songs.
- Even make sure to upload music on radio, press contacts, and blogs to spread the news about upcoming melodies.
With digital distributors, your music gets on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, Deezer, etc. but to market, you need to invest in self-promotion!