This refers to a machine used to cut keys from metals. Key cutting can also be a method of making key duplicates. This machine can also be referred to as a key duplicator. This machine is effective and also of great importance.
Have you lost a key, or do you wish to have a spare set of a key? This key cutting machine is best for this service. This article discusses other things you need to know about the key cutting machine.
The key cutting process takes 3 minutes when using the automated or the calibrated machine. This machine ensures that the duplicate key that is cut is cut accurately.
Advantages of using a key cutting machine
They save money
Car lockouts are the most expensive since the car locks are pricey, and one may take several days to get the car key replacement when you order from the dealer.
They also save time
When you have a spare key, it will take less time to open a house if you find that you have found out that you have lost your key.
You will need a trusted friend or neighbor to keep the spare key for you in an emergency.
They help you reduce worries.
You don’t need to worry when you have lost any of your keys because you have the spare key.
Types of key cutting machine
- Dual key cutting machine
- Cylinder key cutting machine
- Automatic key cutting machine
- Manual key cutting machine
- Laser key cutting machine
- Tubular key cutting machine
- Mortice key cutting machine
Key cutting machine price in Kenya varies depending on the type of machine a buyer wants.
Factors to consider when purchasing this machine
There are different types of key cutting machines. They are available in the following dimensions:
- The X-axis; moves from left to right
- The Y-axis: moves in and out
- The Z-axis: moves up and down
Buyers tend to overlook the jaws of a machine. The jaw is one of the parts of this machine that holds the key secure when carrying out the duplication process. As a buyer, you are advised to purchase a device with 4-way jaws to cut all edge keys found in the market.
The manual duplicator allows the user to control the functions of duplicating the cylindrical key. They also will enable the user to clamp the key and release the carriage to the cutter.
The procedure of using the key cutting machine
- Select a blank key that looks the same as the original key.
- Insert the original key into the first vice and ensure that the teeth face upward.
- Insert the blank key into the second vice
- Ensure that both keys are well secure to prevent them from moving during cutting.
- Close the protective cover before switching on the machine
- The machine can detect the speed and the angle at the cutting wheel should spin
- Before switching off the device, trace the grooves and the teeth of the original key
- Always use a wire brush to remove debris and polish the rough edges.
- Ensure that there are no sharp edges to the key
- Insert the sharp key into the lock.
One can use this machine for commercial purposes. It is worth purchasing this key cutting machine.