Water sports are adventurous and thrilling. A ride over the gushing water and churning waves is an unbeatable excitement. Rowing, boating or surfing the aqua sports have been the stars in the view of both tournaments and fitness workouts. The coastal and island regions have developed several varieties among the sports, among which paddleboarding is a popular choice.
The Need Of A Best Board
A complete workout packed with fun and game is a blend of agility, balance and strength to claim the adventure waves. The sport requires to stand up paddleboards, aka SUPs, to proceed. For paddling, different sizes and shapes of boards are available, which are chosen based on several factors like:
- Stability: The boards shape and bow design impact balance and navigation. The bow acts as the pointed tip to cut through the water. Branded equipment like BOTE paddle boardsspecialises in lightweight and harmless designed boards.
- Volume: Depending on the level of performance, broad or thin boards are selected. Amateur paddlers use wide ones as they need less stability balance making it easy to handle. Rather the thin ones are professionally used in high tides. They have attached fins to cut and manoeuvre sharply.
- Leash: Early trainees who aren’t used to balancing use leashes and buckles to stick them fast to the boards to avoid falling.
Boards specialise in the purpose and the water they are used in. All-round boards suit well for small tides and camping games. They are wide and easy to handle. In contrast, surfing boards are used in sports and harsh tides, as they have sharp edges to navigate sleekly.
Make And Type
The different purposes and materials affect the different ways the boards are manufactured. Differing with stability, weight and durability, the make of boards are:
- Hard epoxy boards with fibreglass and resin layers giving rigid strength. They are agile and suitable for hard, paddling conditions.
2.Inflatable paddleboards made with Aero technology are foldable and easy to carry. Best suitable for young ones and amateurs as they are lightweight. Air pumps are supplied along with them without any extra purchase.
- Classic teak wood is used for hard boards. They don’t scratch or damage easily and are used for tournaments and sports. But they have the disadvantage of taking space and carrying around isn’t easy.
Paddling is also a fun family activity preferred on vacations. Specially customised boards for kids with straps and belts are available in many brands worldwide like BOTE.
A simple board won’t make the whole job. There are several other pieces of equipment’s required to complete the whole game.
- Life jackets are a must in aqua games. Playing a saviour, they are advised to be worn by players and adventurers alike.
- Anchors are required when sporting on high tides. Accidental cases and uncontrollable situations are best avoided if hooks and clawed anchors are available.
- SUP fishing needs proper kit and storage boxes. The boards are manufactured for the purpose to have clips and hooks for carrying stuff.
Paddleboards and their accessories are widely purchased due to the popularity of the sport. The retail and marketing of equipment have equally spiked.